BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
50 HOURS PER WEEK MON-FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our rapidly growing business.
• Identifying potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
• Researching and building new client relationships.
• Arranging and attending meetings with client decision makers.
• Planning your approach and pitch through working with members of the Sterling Services Team to develop proposals that address client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Participating in pricing the solution/service.
• Handling objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
Duties to include the full account management function including but not exhaustive to:
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Work with Sterling Services internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
• Develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
• Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximise satisfaction.
• Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
• Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
• Analyse the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
• Reporting to the SMT on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
• Continuously improve through feedback.
• Maintain and update the CRM system.
• Management and Research.
Successful candidates will have:
• Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK (essential)
• GCSE: English and Math (essential)
• Previous experience within a Business development Role (desirable)
• Previous experience within the logistics industry (desirable)
• Previous experience within Same Day Distribution (desirable)
• Starting salary of £25,000 + Commission (OTE circa £35,000)
• Company Car
If you feel this role is for you, please forward your CV and a covering letter.